9 Best Pulse Oximeters in Malaysia 2021 - Price, Ratings and Reviews
Collecting data on oxygen levels is crucial because people with COVID-19 may suffer from "silent hypoxia", a dangerous condition in which they do not outwardly appear to be short of breath, but are confirmed to be so through a pulse oximeter test. Pulse oximeters, or pulse ox, measure the amount of oxygenated blood (SpO2) in your body, giving medical professionals an idea of how much oxygen your body is carrying to vital organs and tissues.Patients with COVID-19 who don’t need immediate hospital attention but are at high risk of developing serious symptoms are to be given pulse oximeters to use at home to reduce the risk of serious deterioration, The BMJ has learnt (BMJ, published 27 October 2020).
NHS England is believed to have purchased around 200,000 pulse oximeters for the scheme, which clinical commissioning groups across England will be able to access.
As suggested by a social media posting by University Malaya Medical Centre (PPUM), the usage of pulse oximeter is also part of the home care for those with suspected or mild COVID-19.
Best Pulse Oximeters in Malaysia Helcare Pulse Oximeter
Accurately determine your SpO2 (blood oxygen saturation levels), pulse rate and pulse strength in 10 seconds and display it conveniently on a large digital LED display.
> SPORT/HEALTH ENTHUSIASTS
For sports enthusiasts like mountain climbers, skiers, bikers or anyone interested in measuring their SpO2 and pulse rate. SpO2 and Pulse Rate now faces instead of away from the user for easy read.
> EASY TO USE
Taking a reading is easy, just clip it on to your finger and turn it on at the press of a button.
> ACCOMMODATES WIDE RANGE OF FINGER SIZES
Finger chamber with SMART Spring System. Works for ages 12 and above.
2. Zacurate Pro Series 500DL Fingertip Pulse Oximeter — Best overall brand
It features a bright, LED screen for easy reading and an average battery life of 40 hours. The housing is hypoallergenic and comes in a few different colors. The finger chamber has a smart spring system to make placement intuitive yet comfortable. It’s able to read the full 100% Spo2 and isn’t as sensitive to movement as some other models on the market.
It comes with a silicone sleeve, a lanyard, and a full-year warranty with phone technical support. Batteries are included with the package so that you can start right out of the box. It’s easy to use and wallet-friendly.
It also comes with an automatic switch-off feature, which would shut down within 8 seconds if no measurement is taken. This helps to save the battery efficiently. Other highlights include a battery level indicator and a bundled carrying strap to hang it on.
- Sleep monitoring time: 8 hours
- Power requirements:2 AAA 1.5 batteries
- Packing list: Oximeter / Lanyard/ user's manual/colour box
- Display mode: OLED blue and yellow dual color display, Six modes, Four directions.
- Accuracy of blood oxygen range: 70%~100% ±2%
- Accuracy of pulse range:25 ~ 250BMP ± 1BMP
- Blood perfusion index: ≥ 0.2% ~ ±0.1%
The Innovo Pulse Oximeter is the #17 Best Seller in Home Use Medical Supplies & Equipment category of the Amazon Best Sellers 2020. 4.8/5 overall rating with more than 9,000 customer reviews on Amazon.com.
The Innovo choice provides SpO2 level, pulse rate, and perfusion index with a plethysmograph on a customizable LED with six display options. The deluxe version sends you a soundless, vibrational alert when your levels drop too low, giving you time to adjust your position or make changes directly after you’ve taken your levels.
It comes with batteries and a holder, so you’re set to go right out of the box. The display is multidimensional and easy to read. It offers fail-safes so that you know your positioning is correct for highly accurate readings.
It’s been approved by the Food and Drug Administration and comes with a one-year warranty against manufacturer’s defects. Once you set alarms, they’re saved for each time you take your pulse. It’s only for stationary use.
Measures quickly and accurately pulse rate and SpO2 blood oxygen saturation of arterial hemoglobin levels. Light and compact, you only need to put your finger in the fingertip testing chamber, the results will be displayed.
Disclaimer: This product is intended for sports and aviation use only and is not a medical device.
- World's First Check of Artery Condition with SpO2 & Heart Rate Pulse Oximeter
- Artery Check Technology (ACT)
- Arterial Condition includes Arteriosclerosis, Cardiovascular Disease, Peripheral Circulation Disorder
- Classifies artery condition into 6 levels
- SpO2 and Heart Rate
- Shield Design against Ambient Light
- Visible/Audible Alarm
9. Yonker & Yongrow YK-820 Mini Handheld Pulse Oximeter Malaysia
- 2.4 inch high-resolution LCD screen with 9 adjustable brightness, display effect is clearer in different environment
- Intelligent parameter monitoring interface,
- Real-time display values and waveforms.
- Low perfusion <0.4%. Anti-interference. Detection is simpler and more accurate.
- Probe applicable to Adult and Neonatal patients.
- Shows SpO2 and PR.SpO2: Measurement range: 70~99% Resolution: 1% Accuracy: 2% (70%~99%)
- OLED two color display, waveform display
- 3 AAA batteries required (not included)
Frequently Asked Questions1. What does a pulse oximeter measure?
"Unless you have a chronic heart or lung condition that affects your oxygen saturation on a regular basis, most individuals don't need one in their home," says Albert Rizzo, MD, Chief Medical Officer for the American Lung Association.
Those with lung or heart conditions — such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or heart failure — may be prescribed home oxygen therapy by their doctor, says Rizzo, and a pulse oximeter can help them to monitor whether the use of oxygen at home is improving their condition or not.
Other warning signs of low blood oxygen levels may include:
- Increased heart rate
- increased breathing rate
- Feeling shortness of breath or gasping for air
- Inability to do an activity that you did before without getting out of breath
- Position the probe correctly. Depending on the device, this will usually be on the finger, toe, or earlobe. Make sure it is well-fitted, and not being forced on: for example, try the second toe rather than the big toe. If the probe is too loose or too tight, it may allow extra light in, which will impact the reading.
- Make sure you're sitting still. Shaking or shivering will affect the reading, and may make it seem much lower than it actually is.
- Remove any nail polish. If you're wearing colored nail polish, this might affect the reading. Finger tattoos or henna dye can also affect the reading: in this case, choose a different finger, toe, or earlobe. Cold fingers or toes can also cause false readings.
If you think your pulse oximeter might not be accurate, you can check the pulse reading or heart rate on the pulse oximeter against your own reading of your pulse.
- Blocked airways
- Difficulty breathing
- Lung infection
- Poor blood circulation
- Drug interference from anesthesia, muscle relaxants, or anaphylaxis
- Vitamin D3 (Prevention and Treatment) (Lazada)
- Zinc (Prevention and Treatment) (Lazada)
- Quercetin (Prevention and Treatment (Lazada)
- Vitamin C (Prevention and Treatment) (Lazada)
- Melatonin (Treatment) (Lazada)
- Betadine Mouthwash (Treatment) (Lazada)
- Betadine Nasal Spray (Treatment) (Lazada)
- Aspirin (Treatment) (Lazada)
- Bromhexine (Treatment) (Lazada)
- Do not confuse Betadine mouthwash and nasal spray. Betadine mouthwash contains povidone iodine whereas Betadine nasal spray contains iota-carrageenan.
- If you are following the I-MASK+ protocol, there's no need to take multivitamin if you are already taking vitamin C, zinc and quercetin.
- If you are following the I-MASS protocol, there's no need to take vitamin C, zinc and quercetin if you are already on a multivitamin.
- If you are already taking a nutritional supplement that contains multivitamin such as Glucerna, you can skip the multivitamin. However, you might need to take 2 - 3 times daily instead of once daily in order to reach the therapeutic dosages for treatment.