10 Best NMN Supplements (2023 Review)
NMN stands for nicotinamide mononucleotide and is a precursor to NAD+, or nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide. NMN is the direct precursor of the essential molecule nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+) and is considered a key component to increase NAD+ levels in cells. NAD+ is a critical molecule found in every cell of your body, but levels of NAD+ naturally fall with age, making it — and NMN, as a result — crucial.
NMN is one of the most popular supplements in the anti aging community. The NAD story took off toward the end of 2013 with a high-profile paper by Harvard's David Sinclair and colleagues. Sinclair, recall, achieved fame in the mid-2000s for research on yeast and mice that suggested the red wine ingredient resveratrol mimics anti-aging effects of calorie restriction. This time his lab made headlines by reporting that the mitochondria in muscles of elderly mice were restored to a youthful state after just a week of injections with NMN (nicotinamide mononucleotide), a molecule that naturally occurs in cells and, like NR, boosts levels of NAD.
What Does NMN Supplement Do?
This has precipitated dozens of studies since that are focused on investigating NMN supplementation to treat cardiovascular disease, diabetes, obesity, life extension, cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and many more.
Best NMN Supplements 2023
1. ProHealth Longevity NMN Pro 500
Painstaking attention to quality and purity has led to findings that ProHealth NMN remains intact and stable for up to two years. Pro 300 gets rave reviews, often beating popular products like Genex. Pay attention to price, however, as I’ve seen it fluctuate by nearly $50. I’ve also noticed that there isn’t a GMP-certified logo on the bottle itself. If you want a shelf-stable NMN that lasts, ProHealth Pro 300 is a top choice." - outliyr.com
|UTHEVER's CO-BRANDING PARTNERS|
2. Double Wood NMN Supplement
Ratings: 4.6 out of 5 - more than 1,500 global ratings
- Most generic NMN supplements degrade in less than two months and
need to be kept refrigerated due to its short shelf life. Double Wood
NMN is fully stabilized and do not need refrigeration. Their process
of stabilization ensures that the NMN does not deactivate before it
reaches your cells.
- Made in the USA
Double Wood NMN Supplement Reviews:
"I've been using resveratrol (Jeuness) for 3.5 years,
resveratrol was discovered by Dr David Sinclair (Harvard Medical School) discovered in 1992. No longer
get cold. However, I'm still get tired due to aging, I believe.
And getting worse lately when I've been working hard. So I
started looking and noticed Dr Sinclair's book titled Lifespan:
Why We Age—and Why We Don't Have To. From which I learned NMN.
Then I ordered 1 bottle of NMN (Underwood). I take 4 capsules
per day. Label says you can take 2-8 pills. The first week I
felt less tired, but wasn't so sure it is due to NMN or
something else. The second week, I started running instead of
walking, so even I'm shocked! I haven't felt so hungary and
energetic for the past decade! So it has to be NMN that
While I continue using resveratrol at the same time, I feel NMN
makes you feel much more energetic. Can't comment longevity yet,
but possible, even with NMN." - Amazon.com
"If you can get past the old look, Double Wood Stabilized NMN is
beloved by thousands. Each pill contains 125mg of NMN packed into
a capsule made of gelatin.
Double Wood products are made,
tested, and produced in a cGMP facility in New York.
This was once the cheapest
option on the market at $19.99 per 60 capsules. It’s risen
significantly since then and is no longer my favorite budget pick.
I also don’t like that the ingredients list contains unnecessary
Rice Flour. And the CoA listed online is from 2019. Buy Double
Wood NMN when it’s on sale." - outliyr.com
Question: Nmn needs to be refrigerated and kept out of the light. true?
typically how old is the product at shippment? thanks
Answer: NMN only needs to be refrigerated when mixed into a solution. I
assume you heard Dr. Sinclair mention this and he was referring to
his NMN / Walter solution he would give to mice. He was not talking
about stabilized NMN powder. We have performed third party tests on
this product 6-12 months after production showing it is stabilized
and there is no break down in the molecule.
Double Wood products are made, tested, and produced in a cGMP facility in New York.
This was once the cheapest option on the market at $19.99 per 60 capsules. It’s risen significantly since then and is no longer my favorite budget pick. I also don’t like that the ingredients list contains unnecessary Rice Flour. And the CoA listed online is from 2019. Buy Double Wood NMN when it’s on sale." - outliyr.com
Answer: NMN only needs to be refrigerated when mixed into a solution. I assume you heard Dr. Sinclair mention this and he was referring to his NMN / Walter solution he would give to mice. He was not talking about stabilized NMN powder. We have performed third party tests on this product 6-12 months after production showing it is stabilized and there is no break down in the molecule.
3. TRU Niagen NAD+ Booster Supplement
- 30 count / Serving Size: 1 Capsule once a day - Servings Per Container: 30
- 90 count / Serving Size: 1 Capsule once a day - Servings Per Container: 90
- 120 count / Serving Size: 1 Capsule once a day - Servings Per Container: 120
4. Toniiq NMN Powder (300 mg capsules)
5. Toniiq NMN and Resveratrol Supplement (Best NMN and Resveratrol Supplement)
- The Role of NAD+ and Sirtuins in Healthy Aging and Longevity - If the human body were a rocket ship, sirtuins (a type of protein involved in regulating essential biological processes) can be thought of as "mission control", while NAD+ (a critical coenzyme essential to the fueling a number of those functions) can be thought of as "fuel". Both work synergistically to support healthy aging.
- Resveratrol, NMN, and Trimethylglycine - Both nmn nicotinamide mononucleotide and resveratrol are being closely studied for their supporting effects on NAD+ and sirtuins respectively. Trimethylglycine has also been added to this formula at a 1:1 ratio to provide methylation support.
6. Peak Performance NMN supplement + Resveratrol
7. Nutricost Niacinamide
8. Thorne Research ResveraCel (Best Nicotinamide Riboside with Resveratrol and Quercetin Phytosome)
9. aSquared Nutrition Nicotinamide with Resveratrol
10. Clean Nutraceuticals NMN with Resveratrol, Fisetin, Quercetin, Collagen, Spermidine and More
Chromadex NMN Supplement Test Report: 64% of NMN Supplements Fail Tests
We don’t know if he still takes these supplements, or whether he takes additional supplements that are not included on this list.
For example, in his book Lifespan, he mentions on page 304 that he takes NMN and resveratrol every morning, often mixed in his yogurt.
- Nicotinamide Mononucleotide (NMN), 1g per day, in the morning
- Quercetin and fisetin, 500 mg each, once per day, in the morning
- Resveratrol, 1g per day, in the morning
- Vitamin D3 and K2
- Spermidine, 1 mg per day, in the morning
- Metformin (prescription drug) 1 gram per day: 500 mg in the morning and 500 mg in the evening
- Statin (prescription drug) – taken since his early 20s due to family history of cardiovascular disease
- Low-dose aspirin – 83 mg per day
- Alpha lipoic Acid
- Coenzyme Q10
NR vs NMN Molecule
Stability and storage of NMN and NRA stability analysis demonstrates NR is stable (does not undergo degradation) for up to six hours at room temperature and seven days at two to eight degrees Celsius. Regarding stability of NMN and NR, David Sinclair, PhD, A.O. of Harvard University says, “Make sure your NR and NMN is kept in the cold. If it’s just on the shelf and it’s not in a stabilized form, then it will degrade to nicotinamide, which is something you don’t want to take high doses of because we’ve shown in my lab many years ago that nicotinamide will inhibit the sirtuins, and PARP as well, and interfere with DNA repair.”
What Foods Contain NMN?NMN is available in vegetables (broccoli and cabbage), avocado, mushrooms, meat, and shrimp but trying to obtain sufficient through diet alone would be problematic. Studies dosages have been about 50mg - 250mg and suggested that a 150 pound (68kg) human would require about 560mg per day. The difficulty is that you would have to eat about 100 pounds of edamame, 1,800 pounds of broccoli, or similarly impossible amounts of cucumber, cabbage, avocado, tomato, mushrooms, raw beef, or shrimp.
For more details on other anti aging supplements, check out "10 Best Anti Aging Supplements (2023) - Evidence Based".