10 Best NAD+ Supplements to buy in 2022
It’s the energetic currency keeping your body functioning at its peak. NAD deficiency dramatically speeds up how fast you age.
What is NAD+ and What is its Function?
- Converting food to energy
- Repairing DNA
- Creating androgen hormones
- Building muscles
- Activating a group of seven essential longevity proteins called sirtuins
Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD) is a coenzyme found in all living cells. It exists in two forms: an oxidized form and a reduced form, which are NAD+ and NADH (H for hydrogen).
It is central to energy metabolism and maintaining proper cell function. It plays a crucial role for our mitochondria function, which turn food and oxygen into energy for our body to use. NAD+ also supports the function of sirtuins. Sirtuins are proteins that help protect cells from age-related decline, regulate biological pathways and turn certain genes on and off. However, NAD+ levels decline with age which drive the aging process.If you have suboptimal NAD levels, you’ll age faster and have difficultly performing at your peak.
Most NAD Supplements Are Fake or Dangerous?Third-party reports across brands and ingredients have found outright fraud: some products contain absolutely zero of the stated ingredient but rather another unrelated compound instead.
Since it’s new, supplement manufacturers and commercial sources have only begun appearing in the last few years. Suppliers cannot match the demand spike. The market and online stores have become littered with fake (and expensive) NAD boosters.
Best NAD Supplements 2022
- Tru Niagen NAD Supplement
- Nutricost Niacinamide
- aSquared Nutrition Nicotinamide with Resveratrol
- Double Wood NMN Supplement
- Toniiq NMN Powder
- Thorne Research ResveraCel
- Juvify Glylo Anti-aging Weight Loss Formula
- Peak Performance NMN supplement + Resveratrol
- Codeage Liposomal NMN + Resveratrol + Quercetin Supplement
- Tru Niagen Immune Support Supplement
1. TRU Niagen NAD+ Booster Supplement
- 30 count / Serving Size: 1 Capsule once a day - Servings Per Container: 30
- 90 count / Serving Size: 1 Capsule once a day - Servings Per Container: 90
- 120 count / Serving Size: 1 Capsule once a day - Servings Per Container: 120
- A clinical trial published in Scientific Reports in 2019 (Read More)
- A study published Nature Communications in 2018 (Read More)
- A study published in Cell Reports in 2019 (Read More)
- A study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition in 2018 (Read More)
- A study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition in 2020 (Read More)
2. Nutricost Niacinamide
3. ProHealth Longevity NMN Pro 500
4. Double Wood NMN Supplement
Answer: NMN only needs to be refrigerated when mixed into a solution. I assume you heard Dr. Sinclair mention this and he was referring to his NMN / Walter solution he would give to mice. He was not talking about stabilized NMN powder. We have performed third party tests on this product 6-12 months after production showing it is stabilized and there is no break down in the molecule.
5. Toniiq NMN Powder
6. Thorne Research ResveraCel (Nicotinamide Riboside with Resveratrol and Quercetin Phytosome)
8. Peak Performance NMN supplement + Resveratrol
About this item
- Not all NMN supplements are created equal! Many supplements come with just NMN, which by itself is less effective to produce higher levels of NAD which the body needs to prevent cellular degeneration as we age. Peak Performance combines NMN with Resveratrol. Resveratrol works synergistically with NMN as it acts as an accelerator to produce better results in DNA repair.
- Anti Aging = NMN + Resveratrol! Our cells use NAD+ to produce energy and to activate proteins that repair damaged DNA. Scientists believe that the decline of NAD+ as we age results in many health-related problems. To sustain healthy levels of NAD+ we can supplement this with its precursor, nicotinamide mononucleotide (NMN) . When combined with Resveratrol this supplement becomes even more powerful. Great for cellular + DNA repair, muscle endurance and strength, vascular health and blood flow.
- What's in your supplement? - Many supplements on the market use standard formulas that may contain cheap fillers and sometimes questionable ingredients. All of our ingredients are carefully chosen and 3rd party tested for purity.
- Vegan & Allergy Free - Free Of Soy, Milk, Egg, Shellfish, Corn, Wheat & Peanuts. Contains NO Gluten or Preservatives. Manufactured Under The Highest Quality GMP Regulations and USA Standards.
9. Codeage Liposomal NMN + Resveratrol + Quercetin Supplement
- Liposomal Phospholipid Complex: Phospholipids sourced from non-GMO sunflower oil and containing phosphatidylcholine also feature protective liposomes, which are offered through a liposomal delivery matrix.
- NMN Stabilized Form + Resveratrol: Codeage NMN nicotinamide mononucleotide performance supplement comes in powder-filled capsules for both women and men. This nicotinamide mononucleotide stable blend has been paired with trans-resveratrol, a polyphenol extracted from the root of Japanese knotweed, also know as Polygonum cuspidatum.
- NAD Supplement Precursor & Betaine: This NAD precursor athletic fitness formulation delivers 85 mg of betaine anhydrous in each serving. Also called trimethyglycine (TMG), betaine usually consists of an amino acid derived from plants and sugar beets. NAD has been researched for its role on stem cells, telomere, and cellular energy.
- Riboflavin & Vitamin B12 with Quercetin: Codeage Liposomal NMN formula also combines two of the vitamin B complex essential vitamins as well as quercetin. This formula provides Vitamin B2 as riboflavin-5-phosphate and vitamin B12 as methylcobalamine. These essential vitamins to support the metabolism have been blended with quercetin dihydrate from Japanese sophora flowers.
- Manufactured in the USA: Codeage NMN & resveratrol vitality blend is non-GMO and manufactured in the USA in a cGMP certified facility. This liposomal nicotinamide with riboflavin supplement doesn't contain any fillers, hormones, or artificial ingredients. Third-party tested.
10. Tru Niagen Immune Support Supplement (Nicotinamide Riboside with Vitamin D, C, Zinc and Curcumin)
64% of NMN Supplements Fail Tests
* The same distributor (SerumLab S&C International LLC) was listed on the product packaging from 10 of the 22 product brands.
Recently researchers have argued that a transporter exists for NMN too, which is something that ChromaDex disputes. It claims that NMN must first be converted into NR in the blood before it can be used by the cells.
NAD+ vs NADH
The key question is what ratio of NAD+ does your body need compared to NADH. While the optimal NAD to NADH ratio remains elusive, research suggests that a generally higher NAD to NADH ratio is favorable.
When it comes to a plain NAD label, it’s not wrong to be identified as a NAD booster. Generating more NAD+ will naturally generate more NADH. However, the specificity of NAD+ is more indicative of what your cells are truly building when using NAD+ boosting supplements.
Read more at NAD+ and NADH: What's the Difference?
How can I increase my NAD+ naturally?- Exercise
- Reduce sun exposure
- Spend more time in warm places, like hot tubs or saunas
- Consume more food with Vitamin B like avocados, steam fish or milk
- Consume fermented food and drinks which contain NAD+ like sauerkraut and kombucha
- Intermittent fasting : Popular fasting plans often include 16- to 24-hour fasting periods twice a week, followed by healthy meals. This eating pattern triggers body shock, which can boost your natural supply of NAD+.- Ketosis Diets : a low-carb, high-protein, healthy fats food plan.
Do NAD+ Supplements Work?
The answer may not be so simple. NAD+ is a ubiquitous and fundamental molecule, involved in many biological pathways and cellular operations. Its ingestion could lead to a mix of positive and negative outcomes, the balance of which might depend on context. NAD+ precursors, consumed orally, may be taken up by some tissues more than others. And different cell types are known to employ distinct metabolic programs, which could lead to tissue-specific responses to NAD+.
Concerns and Cautions: Be aware that some of these NAD supplements provide amounts of vitamin B-3 above the established daily upper tolerable intake level. There is also a theoretical safety concern that compounds that raise NAD+ levels like, nicotinamide riboside, as well as NAD, NADH, and possibly NMN, may promote the growth of existing cancers.